Jazz Coffee House
What is the Jazz Coffee House?
The Jazz Coffee House will be held on March 12 at 6:30 p.m. in the Cafetorium! The Middle School and High School jazz bands will be performing that evening.
The format is coffee house, so there are deserts served, tables decorated, coffee/tea/hot chocolate/lemonade.
Tickets go on sale the first week of March. They are $5. All performers are free, and everyone else needs a ticket to attend (table decorators get a free ticket).
The evening usually goes as follows:
• 3-5:00 parents are asked to drop off a dessert to be served
• 3-5:00 parents that volunteer to decorate a table can come in and do just that
• 5-6:00 jazz band students come in for sound/lighting check (exact times will be provided the week of the event)
• 6:15 Doors open. Those parents that decorated a table will have their seats reserved. All other admission is general.
• 6:30 Evening begins with a welcome and encouragement to get some coffee, tea, etc... before the MS jazz band plays
• 6:40 MS jazz band will perform their tunes
• ~7:00 The MS jazz band students will bring desserts around to the tables while the high school jazz band gets set up
• 7:15 HS jazz band plays
• 7:30ish Awards for best table decorations are given
• ~7:45-8:00 The performance ends. All involved are asked to help set the room up for the next day.
Thinking about decorating a table? PLEASE SAY YES!!! The tables decorations really add excitement to the event. In years past, parents have picked specific themes for their tables. There have been Pirate Tables, CAT tables, Illini tables, jazz tables (where even the people at the tables dressed up!). It can really be a lot of fun. Decorators usually do some sort of table cloth. Usually there are light snacks and coffee mugs. The desserts are served on paper plates with plastic silverware. You do not have to go crazy - but are certainly welcome to if you choose! The advantage of decorating a table? You get to save your seat. In fact - the first tables decorators get the best seats! So watch for the sign-ups in February! You can view some table pics HERE.